Maps

amaebi at iwon.com amaebi at iwon.com
Thu May 24 13:22:54 EDT 2001

Nat, I presume you're familiar with Inuit maps, which depict resources en
route as well as quite detailed coastlines and so on?

One of the things I like very much about them is their tendency to translate
travel time to spacial distance-- areas one will hurry through due to a
lack of resources are "short" relative to richer areas, as compared with
their spacial extents. It's as sensible a way of translating the world to
a two-dimensional depiction as any other, but so unfamiliar to the conve
tional map-user.

Mary Ann

Introducing iWon Cash Points...now everyone's a winner on iWon.com.
Visit http://www.iwon.com now and start earning iWon Cash Points today!