On the subject of Wicked Women

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu May 24 02:53:07 EDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001 JOdel at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/23/01 4:23:07 PM, rganetzky at madison.k12.wi.us
> writes:
>
> > have not heard of the Books of Magic, would someone please
> > enlighten me.
>
> Sorry. They'd already been metioned in passing since the concept was
> something Neil Gaiman was involved with. (Although I gather he is
> not writing the scripts for the series.)

Neil Gaiman wrote the original four-part miniseries (in which Timothy
learns of his destiny and is given a guided tour of the magical bits
of the D.C. universe), and a couple of more-or-less one-off issues
before _Books of Magic_ became an ongoing series.

The ongoing series was written by John Ney Rieber and then Peter
Gross. Neil Gaiman gets a "Consultant" credit in each issue.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."