On the subject evil vampires

Tarja Rainio vierran at saunalahti.fi
Wed May 23 19:57:48 EDT 2001

on 23.5.2001 01:09, Anna Skarzynska at theania at freeuk.com wrote:

> There was a TV series in Britain called Ultraviolet which was a novel take
> on vampires. It was quite good and was left really open for a sequel, but
> none appeared. Anybody saw it? I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might
> catch repeats on satellite, but it was quite intelligent, not at all gothy
> and set in modern Britain. The title reflected the fact that they could not
> withstand uv light, be it sunlight or a uv lamp.

Yes, I bought the DVD about a month ago. I was a really good, modern take on
vampires (who, BTW, are never mentioned by that name during the series). I
understand the sequel was cancelled because one of the main actors (Idris
Elba, IIRC) was lured to the American version of the series which, AFAIK,
hasn't yet surfaced.

Best,
Tarja

p.s. Shadow of the Vampire was quite enjoyable as well, just watched it this
night =).