OT fwd (wicklow greens) grreeen protest very OT

otheng otheng at kinghenry8.coventry.sch.uk
Wed May 23 06:01:29 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Ven <ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk>
To: <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 1:31 AM
Subject: Re: OT fwd (wicklow greens) grreeen protest very OT

> Gili said

Actually, no, *Gill* said it. Sorry about the confusion, but we are not the
same person! (Or even avatars of each other)

> I think it has to be Uncle Ralph. But nb the name snobbery is now
> inverted so, instead of Ralph pronounced the "posh way", we have
> Anthony "democratised to Tony.<<

Too true. But Uncle Ralph is a bit too obviously self-centred. Tone is all
surfaces. Perhaps one of the smug lecturers in TYOTG?

> I can see a picture of Margaret Thatcher managing her poodles,
> sorry cabinet, the way Aunt Maria managed her circle and they
> certainly shared as similar lack of a sense of humor. <<
Or might she be an older Laurel?

How about a  nomination for Anne Widecombe?

Kankredin?

For balance I'll mention a grown up Brid for Betty Boothroyd. For those in
the US etc Betty Boothroyd is the former speaker frequently heard shouting
"Order, Order!" and Anne Widecombe is pond life, oops thats not balanced
at all, I mean she's the shadow home secretary and not well liked.  <<

I like Brid for Betty. What about Robin Cook? Lots of possibilities in
Pratchett's "Truckers", of course.

Gill