energy protest (very OT)

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Mon May 21 14:31:10 EDT 2001

On Mon, 21 May 2001 10:53:35 +0100, Anna Skarzynska wrote:

>If you want to leave all politics off the list, why have you just declared
>yours?

I wanted to point out that if we got into it, it wouldn't be a friendly
exchange of reaffirming beliefs.  The temptation is to assume that everyone
you like and agree with in one area will obviously agree with you in all
others.  That's why it is tempting to pass all your partisan grass-roots
activism on to your friends.  And I consider you all friends.  I wanted to
identify my politics so that we would know that we aren't all in agreement
on this and that pursuing it might be harmful.  I don't think it is harmful
to identify our viewpoints or politics.  But forcing us to defend them might
alter the list in ways that would be difficult to fix.

My point?  Well, take a poll if you want.  Find out about our activities and
ideas if you are curious.  But please don't pursue your political agenda on
the list.  Please.

Jacob Proffitt