Margaret Mahy (OT)

Jenwa Hsung jenwahsung at yahoo.com
Fri May 18 18:50:44 EDT 2001

--- "Dorian E. Gray" <israfel at eircom.net> wrote:
> He and DWJ are friends, I think; he dedicated "The
> Books of Magic" to her
> (and two or three other female fantasy writers;
> can't remember who, now.
> Jane Yolen might have been one).

i'm not sure where my copy of Books of Magic is, so i
can't check this, but i *think* it is dedicated to
something like "The four witches, Terri Windling,
Diana Wynne Jones, Patricia Wrede, and Jane Yolan."

they are definitely friends, as far as i can tell.
i think this has been mentioned before, but there's a
scene [utterly hilarious scene, in fact] in Deep
Secret which based on a breakfast that DWJ and Gaiman
had together at a Con.

--jenwa.