Neil Gaiman (OT) (was Margaret Mahy)

Tue May 15 16:24:41 EDT 2001

On Tue, 15 May 2001 11:23:35 +0800 (WST), Paul Andinach wrote:

>Which is why you need to know that the correct reading order is as
>follows:
>
>Preludes and Nocturnes
>The Doll's House
>Dream Country
>Season of Mists
>A Game of You
>Fables and Reflections
>Brief Lives
>World's End
>The Kindly Ones
>The Wake
>
>(There is also an anniversary special wossname called _The Dream
>Hunters_, but I don't know where that goes relative to the others.)
>
>And the Death books, which IIRC come after the Sandman books, are
>
>The High Cost of Living
>The Time of Your Life
>
>in that order.

I also recommend reading the Sandman Companion (I can't remember the exact
title or the author, sorry, my brain is mush, but I bet it's easy to track
down online) but only AFTER you read the books, because it contains
spoilers.  But it was wonderful to read more about Gaiman's thought
processes, and inspirations, and so forth...you can probably read it in
sections, because it's divided up by book and then there are some
miscellaneous chapters about the Endless and stuff at the end.

Melissa Proffitt