Laurel (the one from F&H)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue May 15 16:16:41 EDT 2001

>Also, this has perhaps been discussed, but I've only been paying off and on
>attention to the messages (5 AP tests over two weeks.  3 left, tomorrow,
>Wednesday and Thursday), but the word Hunsdon house seems as though it
>should mean something, but I've rearranged and added and deleted letters
>and gotten nowhere with it (pun not intended.)

This may be of absolutely no relevance or interest, but it turns out
there really IS a Hunsdon House. In Hertfordshire.  It was given to
one Henry Carey (son of Anne Boleyn's sister) when a Lordship was set
up by Elizabeth.  Lord Hunsdon seems to have been the founder of the
Lord Chamberlain's Players, no less.

The house was also for sale, at least a year or so ago.  :)  (Nice
looking house, but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it, myself.)

Oh, and Hunsdon House is also the name of an old English folk dance.
Which may be as useful...

Hallie.