Neil Gaiman (OT) (was Margaret Mahy)

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue May 15 11:00:37 EDT 2001

Nat's comments about weaving vs. spinning are a very useful insight in
looking at fantasy work in general.

As to to Gaiman's Sandman opus, there is a book out called The Sandman
Companion which is written in the form of an extensive interview with Gaiman
and goes into a lot of ther little details that one would ordinarily miss.
(For example, little things drawn in the frame which the dialogue does not
call into attention, but which refer to things in the backsdtory of one or
other of the characters, etc.) I'm pretty surte that both he and the
interviewer went back and forth and rewrote everthing afterwards, since I
doubt that it was spontaneous as it reads, but it is a good read for all that.

Btw, one Tanaqui Weaver is mentioned in passing. I'm pretty sure that it is
the one we know, but she did mention here that someone else on the Net is
using the name, too, so I'm not sure about that.