Eudora

amaebi at iwon.com amaebi at iwon.com
Tue May 15 10:04:44 EDT 2001

I think that Laurel's name Eudora (good or fortunate or happy gists, as
Philip says) is ironic, and perhaps Something Else.

Irony: Did she give Tom a fortunate gift when she arranged that his stories
should come true? Yes and no.

Something Else: I recall that the Erinyes (the Furies) are also called the
Eumenides (the Kindly Ones). This seems to be both an act of discretion
in the face of terrifying agents, and an attempt to get them to turn their
kindlier side toward one. If they have a kindlier side, of course.

Mary Ann

Introducing iWon Cash Points...now everyone's a winner on iWon.com.
Visit http://www.iwon.com now and start earning iWon Cash Points today!