Laurel (the one from F&H)

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Tue May 15 08:31:41 EDT 2001

Rebecca Ganetzky wrote:

> [...] the word Hunsdon house seems as though it
> should mean something, but I've rearranged and added and deleted letters
> and gotten nowhere with it (pun not intended.)

I'd never thought of this before.  This needs some more research.

> Also #2, all of the names for Laurel and the old Laurel are recognizable
> allusions: Laurel (Lorelei), Mab(el), Tatiana, but I'm stuck on one:
> Eudora.  Someone help me with the allusion (I'll feel really dumb if its
> obvious, but such is the price I pay for knowledge.)

Add to that (I'm sure it's been said already) Leroy (The King) Perry (Peri).

Well, "Eudora" comes from the Greek, meaning "Good Gift".  But I'm not sure how
that helps...

> -When one invests in knowledge, one always gets interest (Benjamin Franklin)

I love that.  That sums up my outlook on life very nicely.

Philip.

prohibited.

Telephone     +44 (0) 2476 42 4000
Fax                +44 (0) 2476 42 5432