Book Rescue

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Mon May 14 17:01:09 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/14/2001 1:44:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Hallie writes:

> :)  I just don't understand what you two are talking about.  Today a
>  new offering from Book Rescue came up which seemed more than
>  reasonable:  $358 for a copy of Dogsbody.  Near Fine hardback with
>  Near Fine DJ.  And they have the *neck* to have the words BARGAIN
>  PAPERBACKS in the Keywords!  The caps are theirs, btw.

Oh, yes, and to add to that why not buy the paperback on Alibris, viz.:

Jones Diana Wynne.  Dogsbody.        $87.00
Knopf Bullseye, paperback, [1975], 1990 printing, Almost as New.

That's a double whammy -- Book Rescue!! via Alibris. How to be cooked and
double-cooked. It was a mere $67 over on ABE!

The only good thing I have found about Alibris is that they list the keywords
used, which ABE does NOT, even though the keywords are searchable.

Helen Schinske