Douglas Adams

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon May 14 17:01:40 EDT 2001

Laurie asked..

> I recenlty recived an email from a friend of mine (not given to
> perpetrating email hoaxes) that announced Douglas Adams' death of a heart
> attack.  Has anyone else heard this? The email quotes an article from the
> Associated Press, but I wasn't sure if it was true or not.

It is, unfortuantely, quite true.  I heard it on the television news, and
then received it on about four different e-mail lists, passed on by upset
fans.  You'll find a very poignant lament for him, by Richard Dawkins, at
http://www.edge.org/documents/adams_index.html.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--