A Very Deep Secret

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Sun May 13 22:16:19 EDT 2001

> + but I was there later too, and there's a tale
> + of bad driving -- a sort of travel jinx tale.
>
> I think it's more an emulation of Maree's driving behaviour. Don't forget that
> Our Heroine was driving without having a licence (aka practicing beforehand
> to spoil Janine's fun).

That's true, but then it wasn't going the experienced, but
licenceless driver, on the motorway that was the trouble
(I'd been driven by her loads of times) it was letting (or maybe
making) the one who had had six months of lessons
take the wheel...........

> + Four friends and I wanted to go to Bristol for an anarcho feminist
>
> + sillier than reading while driving
>
> Yeah, Jacob's exploits seemed quite reasonable... we anarchic women are
> *much* more trouble.

lol. I thought I should mention the reason our illegal driver failed her
first and only test was for winding down the window to shout abuse
at another driver -- I call that failing in style. She was very good at
talking her way round policemen too. On the way to Bristol we had
to stop in a layby to tighten wheel nuts. While the rest of us
skulked behind the van she cheerily dealt with them, without having
to produce her documents..............

Ven,

If all the good people were clever,
And all clever people were good,
The world would be nicer than ever
We thought that it possibly could.

Dame Elizabeth Wordsworth, Good and Clever 1990