[OT] Good Omens movie

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 8 23:47:44 EDT 2001

Some people here, I recall, showed an interest in the progress of
Terry Gilliam's film version of _Good Omens_, so here is some news.

According to a Terry Gilliam fansite, the movie is going ahead;
Gilliam is currently concentrating on the writing of the screenplay.

More information can be found at
http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/tgapr01.htm
-- but be aware that the page also includes an expletive-filled
comment on the difficulties of reducing _Good Omens_ to a two-hour
film.

ObDWJ: Elsewhere on the site, Gilliam is quoted as saying
"It's funny, but I always find that the process of making a film
tends to echo the actual story..."
Another creative-fantasy-person with DWJ's problem of the story coming
true, it seems...

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."