ABE

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Mon May 7 16:52:26 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/7/2001 1:40:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> >Huh? There are 29 copies on ABE ( http://whipper.abebooks.com/abep/
> BookSearch
>  >). What's the difficulty?
>
>  That I don't feel like spending the kind of money I would need to spend to
>  get a fair copy?  The ABE prices are either too high for me, or cheap but
>  the copy is falling apart.  And I don't care enough about the book to go
out
>  of my way to get it...though naturally I don't mind asking others to keep
an
>  eye out for it.... :)

I saw lots of acceptable copies for not very much, but maybe my standards are
lower than yours -- and that later American edition being no good throws a
spanner in the works, as a couple of the ones I saw may well have been that.

Anyway, ABE is not a monolithic entity. I've found that if you just keep
checking back, someone will have a reasonably-priced copy sometime.

Helen Schinske