OT: Romantic characters

Anna Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Mon May 7 06:01:48 EDT 2001

Sally about Richard E Grant:
> I remember him in an old movie called WARLOCK. He was a lot younger, and
> played the part in a Scots accent. It's the rather cold eyes that would
make
> him right for the part of Rupert, I think... but yes, he's too old now.
But
> then, most people suggest actors who are "too old" (if not dead) when they
> play this kind of game, because by the time they settle into our psyche,
> most of them have been about for quite a while!

I have a feeling that this may not be the same man. In Warlock the actor is
billed as Richard Grant (minus E) and I thought he was rather gorgeous. I
then came across REG and thought "that's not him!"
REG's most famous role is, of course, in Withnail and I, along a young and
sublimely beautiful Paul McGann.
Btw, I really liked Warlock and eagerly took out Warlock 2. It was abysmal.
Often the case with sequels...
To Satu:
I have a copy of Elfquest 5, Siege at Blue Mountain. You probably have this
one in triplicate, though.
Ania