OT: Romantic characters

Anna Skarzynska theania at freeuk.com
Sun May 6 13:29:36 EDT 2001

> Thanks, Dorian.  I was convinced quite some time ago (the list, of
> course, where else!) to try The Sandman.  Only thing is I've never
> found any in used book shops and can't quite bring myself to shell
> out the kind of money required.  I live in hope of cheap copies
> though...
>
> Hallie.

You are likely to have a long wait. I've yet to meet someone who didn't like
it. I can't see many people wanting to get rid of their collections.
(smugly now) I've got them all, in comic form (as opposed to later collected
paperback editions)
Dream is utterly yummy. Tall, skinny goth type. But I did like Destruction,
who was more earthy, not so ethereal, more masculine, I suppose.
I don't agree with Sally that Richard E Grant would be the perfect Rupert.
IMO he's too old and too camp (did anyone see him in the Scarlet Pimpernel?)
Rupert is in his twenties, is he not? He - R. E. G. - would have been OK a
while ago (10-15 years) I can't think of anyone right for the part myself,
though.
Ania