OT: Romantic characters

Fiona Haggart F.Haggart at btinternet.com
Sun May 6 13:10:26 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Sally Odgers <sodgers at hotnet.net.au>

> >>And *definitely* not Rupert (does anyone fancy him?).
>
> I do. And I know just who could play him in a movie... Richard E. Grant
> would be absolutely perfect! Could Guy Pearce do Howl, do you think?
>
> Sallyo.

I think Rupert's flawed and human (and lives near Cambridge, yay! heh!). I
liked him a lot, far more than Howl, although Howl does seem to have matured
by Castle In The Air. I think Richard E Grant is a bit too old now for the
role of Rupert but could have seen him doing it a few years back. I'd vote
for Steven Mackintosh, who I think is much-underrated. He seems to be the
right age and was born just outside Cambridge (I'm maybe biased but I was at
school with him). He's starting to get rave reviews, higher profile roles
and awards. He was quite exceptional in 'Care' in my opinion.

For Howl you could do worse than Ioan Gruffudd, as has been suggested
before, and he has the added benefit of being a native welsh-speaker.

Fiona