secondhand DWJ

Sat May 5 18:56:08 EDT 2001

On Fri, 4 May 2001 16:39:51 EDT, HSchinske at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 5/4/2001 1:23:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>Melissa at proffit.com writes:
>
>> The only one I can't seem to get is _The Ogre Downstairs_.  There are no
>>  good used bookstores in my area, and the ones that are around have poor SF
>>  and fantasy sections.  So if anyone can find this, I'd be glad to reimburse
>>  you.
>
>Huh? There are 29 copies on ABE ( http://whipper.abebooks.com/abep/BookSearch
>). What's the difficulty?

That I don't feel like spending the kind of money I would need to spend to
get a fair copy?  The ABE prices are either too high for me, or cheap but
the copy is falling apart.  And I don't care enough about the book to go out
of my way to get it...though naturally I don't mind asking others to keep an
eye out for it.... :)

Melissa Proffitt