OT: Romantic characters

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Sat May 5 13:14:23 EDT 2001

Hallie asked...

> Who's Dream, Dorian?  Sounds like someone worth encountering...

A comic book character.  He's the central character of Neil Gaiman's
"Sandman" series, and one of the seven Endless, who are not gods; they were
there before the gods and will continue after the gods die.  In order of
age, they are Destiny, Death (a really cute Goth chick), Dream, Destruction
(who abandoned his realm several centuries ago), Desire and Despair (who are
twins), and Delirium (who used to be Delight).

I don't know if you like comic books, but even if you don't, I'd recommend
giving "The Sandman" a try; they're almost the only comic books I read!
They're full of history and myth and literary allusions, as well as damn'
good stories and wonderful characters.  And Dream is *very* sexy, though
rather prone to angst (Death, on the other hand, is almost terminally
chirpy!).  And Neil Gaiman is, as we all know, a friend of DWJ's, and
they've dedicated books to each other.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--