Second-hand DWJ books

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed May 2 08:58:31 EDT 2001

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Patrick Self wrote:
> still never seen any of the Castle books, even here. Woe is me!
Huh. Maybe I'm completely spoiled, or maybe I've been reading her books
long enough that we (meaning my entire family, who, until my sister moved
out, shared a DWJ collection) could get an almost complete collection.
We tend to get books in paperback unless they're new and we therefore want
to get and read them earlier; the earliest book we have in hardcover (that
I know we didn't get used) is TIme City, which came out in '87. Good
grief. Okay, I'm spoiled.

But correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most of her books being
reprinted? I mean, in the next couple of years? I know my sister was able
to find a (new, I'm pretty sure) copy of Fire and Hemlock (which she'd
been searching for for years), and while we do live in Boston instead of
East Overshoe or West Cupcake, stuff should be available more universally.

Ah, yes. Amazon.com tells me that basically all her stuff is
available; Castle in the Air specifically shows up twice, once available,
once hardcover being issued in August 2001. I think they are reprinting
her stuff.