Second-hand DWJ books

Patrick Self pself30 at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 2 00:18:29 EDT 2001

> Where do you live?  I think I previously stated, I can only find
> chrestomanci, and occasionally dalemark here (WI, USA).  Everything else
we
> scrounge for.  I found a copy of F&H only after 9 years.  (In a used book
> store for a dollar and a quarter...)  Otherwise, some things are online,
> although I can't find Castle in the Air anywhere, but usually too
expensive
> for someone trying to save up enough to go to college in  the fall.

It's pretty much the same here (OR, USA.) In ordinary non-second hand book
stores I only find the Chrestomanci books (mainly Charmed Life/The Lives of
Christopher Chant), the last 3 of the Dalemark series (until recently that
is; I saw the first in the bookstore the other day), ccasionally her 'adult'
book, _Deep Secret_, and her newest 2 books about Derk. That's it. I found
all my other books from 1) scrounging in used books stores, and 2) looking
in Powell's (a very large secondhand/new bookstore) which apparently carries
books imported from Britain, because you see stickers on the back saying
"$20.00" covering up the cost in British currency. (This is for
_paperbacks_, mind you, and I've only ever bought one book like this because
20 bucks per book is far too much for a poor girl like me.) Anyways, I've
still never seen any of the Castle books, even here. Woe is me!