A trip to the library

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Mar 31 23:17:10 EST 2001

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Kyla Tornheim wrote:

> I'm confused. What book were you looking for? "The Catalogue of the
> Universe"? You said that you couldn't find "The Changeover" but then
> mentioned it as one you were holding.

No, it was "The Changeover" I was looking for.

Sequence of events:

) I find the Margaret Mahy shelf.

) I grab a few familiar titles, including "The Changeover".

) I accidentally knock some books off the shelf.

) In the confusion, I remember planning to grab "The Changeover", but
  forget that I have already done so.

) I try, with no success, to find "The Changeover" on the shelf.

) I head to the catalogue, which says that "The Changeover" should be
  on the shelf.

) I decide to head back to the shelf and have another look before
  giving up.

) On my way over to the shelf, I casually glance down at the books I'm
  holding, and notice that one of them is "The Changeover".

) I feel silly.

Clear?

Paul
--