Obah Cypt (was Re: What's this list for?)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Sat Mar 31 19:14:10 EST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Karen Jensen wrote:
> Back to DWJ - I always assumed that the Obah Cypt was a piece of jewellery,
> like a locket (mind you, I'll have to go back and read FAH now to see what
> DWJ actually writes. Oh the pressure I put myself under - having to read
> constantly!VBG)
I don't think the question was what the Obah Cypt was *actually* (since it
was answered in the book--I'm pretty sure Polly says the equivalent of
"Oh, duh, of *course*!" when she figures out what it had been all
along) but why Polly picked that name--something familiar in it. For
example, the name Tan Coul always reminded me of Finn MacCoul, so it's got
that mythic hero quality. But Obah Cypt doesn't ring any bells for me.