A sinister topic

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 19:41:20 EST 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Kyla Tornheim wrote:

> so, all you lefties--when reading the bit in "Charmed Life" when Cat
> is trying to write his essay about King Canute, did you say "That
> sounds so familiar" about the bit where he has to turn his book
> sideways so as not to smudge the ink with his left hand?

Not me. I've always written straight, and taken any smudging as a
matter of course.
Mind you, I tend to use ballpoint pens and avoid messy pens like Cat
was using.

> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Why do an infinite number of monkeys always want to type
> "Hamlet"? What's wrong with "Macbeth"? Why not something
> by Dickens or Poe?
>        --Tom Knapp

Heh.

But it's unfair to blame the monkeys; they just type whatever comes to
mind. It's whatever statistician came up with the saying that picked
'Hamlet' as the goal.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."