Off topic: the social context of anoraks

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Mar 29 11:35:47 EST 2001

And I personally love those shoes of Gwendolen's in CL that she kicks
Chrestomanci in the shins with. . . . and then there's Sam's constantly
untied shoes from ToTC--does anyone else, when they see someone's laces
trailing, say "tie up your shoes, Sam" and then share a good laugh with
self while being stared at strangely by others?  That's one of the phrases
I kept--like Hathaway send a bus, I look like a pan of bacon and eggs
(Howl says this when Sophie messes with his hair stuff), hands up everyone
who can do magic (instead of raise your hands)--little things like that.

I would, undoubtledly, purchase a
stuffed Throgmorten if it came on the market.  How about Chrestomanci
action figures?  The Goddess/Milly can come with an extra set of
transparent plastic arms that you can put on and take off.  What would be
quite nice is a time egg--or one of those food replicators--from
ToTC.  Christopher's bells from LoCC. . . . Viven's string
bag. . . . Calcifer. . . . Throgmorten (live). . . .

lizzie who is wondering if Throgmorten stayed around to meet Fiddle and
other such cat-type things.