Good Omens movie (was: Moderators and Guardians)

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Thu Mar 29 08:00:27 EST 2001

>On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
>
>>  Lizzie:
>>
>>  > pps.  anyone heard anything about the Good Omens movie?
>>
>>  _Serious_ plea that you tell us whether this is legit or a wind-up!
>
>Is legit. It was announced last year that Terry Gilliam was going to
>do a film version of 'Good Omens' once he'd finished his current
>movie.

Thanks!

>(Terry Gilliam, in case the name isn't familiar, directed 'Time
>Bandits', 'Brazil', 'The Fisher King', 'Twelve Monkeys', 'Fear and
>Loathing in Las Vegas', and a couple of the Monty Python films. He's
>been quality-endorsed by both the authors of 'Good Omens'.)

Hmm.  It should have been familiar, given that lot, but wasn't.  What
a mix.  All that's coming clearly to mind is 'The Fisher King' and a
couple of the MP films.  Any rumours about casting?  Or shall we do
it for them, as we've done with Howl, Sophie & Chrestomanci?  :)

Hallie.

Now that I brought it up, did someone propose a Tom, or was it that
someone was _married to_ a Tom?  Memory's very fuzzy.