Tea

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:56:07 EST 2001

Nat wrote:

>I know Harry Potter's release was built up for, but the phenomenon
>was originally built on word-of-mouth. What bugs me now is how much
>garbage is being marketed at kids. There's some fun stuff in there
>(the Comic Relief-benefit mini-books, for instance), but it all gets
>lumped together.

I get Potter merchandise as gifts, because of my translation. My 4 and 6
year old nephews got a HUGE kick out of "Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans"
that are marketed by JellyBelly company: they've actually developed flavours
like sardine, horseradish, buttered toast and grass. Actually, I got a huge
kick out of them too. But the Quidditch board game we bought in London is
rubbish, far too complicated to be much fun.

obDWJ: D'you think we could get someone to develop butterpies? Or floating
mirrors for wooshing around rooms? Or that fabulous dictating machine from
"Homeward Bounders"?