Off topic: Sayers

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Thu Mar 29 05:01:42 EST 2001

Miranda K. Smith wrote:
>> Eeenh. I didn't get far with it. To me it felt so obviously
>> like someone faking DLS, not _her_. Peter didn't read
>> like Peter, etc. Sigh. If only there really _were_  a way
>> for there to be more Lord Peter mysteries.

Yeah, you could certainly see the join. It seemed to be trying too hard-
carefully putting in the period detail, when Sayers didn't need to bother.
NAd the new charcters didn't have the same touch. I think it was all right
as a mystery, but not as a Sayers novel. (Some mysteries are no good to
re-read, because the plot is all there is to them. Sayers is one of the best
of those whose books are novels with a mystery in them, and can be read over
and over.)
Jennifer