What's this list for?

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 04:41:50 EST 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Kyla Tornheim wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Sally Odgers wrote:

> > > ObDWJ:  So are list moderators more like Reigners or like the
> > > people from thingy, what do you call it, the place in Sudden
> > > Wild Magic?
> >
> > Arth. And neither. They're more like Howl, slithering out when
> > necessary, but there when you really need 'em!

> SLIGHT SPOILER FOR DARK LORD OF DERKHOLM
[now a bit less slight]

> I thought they were more like the gods in "Dark Lord of
> Derkholm"--usually letting you run things on your own, until you
> really mess things up and then they step in to get things on the
> right track again.

That's not how I remember the gods in DLoD.
My memory is that they'd lend a helping hand if asked, but would
otherwise let you deal with things on your own, no matter how big a
mess of things you were making.

And we'd be in real trouble if all our listmods were like *that*. :)

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."