Power of Three ending (spoilers) (was: RE: Tea)

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Mar 28 23:34:50 EST 2001

spoilers for (and confusion about) the end of "power of three"

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, McMullin, Elise wrote:
> You know, I think my most absolutely intense dwj moment was in Power of
> Three when they are all down in the dorig hall volunteering to die.
That's another one of her books ("Fire and Hemlock" being the other
example) where I didn't quite understand the ending. Can someone explain
it? I get that Ceri put a thought on Gair; but I'm not sure what it made
him do, or why it meant that Gair was all solemn at the end while everyone
else was rejoicing.