Obah Cypt

Ven ven at vvcrane.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 20:31:45 EST 2001

Marie asked

> Having failed to source/deconstruct the term OBAH CYPT from _Fire and
> Hemlock_ for a recent lecture, I'd be grateful to know if anyone else has
> cracked it.

Thats a good question. I always assumed Dwj just made this one
up as a stand in MacGuffin but it does bear looking at. I realise it
makes me think of an eighth century bishop's tomb i saw in the
hebrides, through simple word association -- Obah ->Oban, the
port for the Hebrides, Cypt ->crypt or tomb. Consequently I've
always seen it as some kind of relic.

                                           Ven.