Off topic: Sayers

Bill Edminster bedminst at mc.net
Wed Mar 28 20:30:01 EST 2001

  I've read the book and listened to the book on tape several times and I
enjoyed it greatly.  "Gaudy Night" is still my favorite Sayers book.  I do
believe that a lot of "Thrones and Dominations" is true Sayers.  I felt that
the comparison of the two couples was interesting but perhaps not enough to
carry the plot.  Usually I can reread Sayers many times in a short period
before it cloys but the main plot isn't as amusing as usual.  I enjoy the
scenes from the Wimsey marriage and the Bunter subplot.  I think that the book
is stronger for being tied to current events, which also allows commentary on
love and marriage.