What's this list for?

M Elizabeth Parks meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Wed Mar 28 12:47:19 EST 2001

On moderators:

I'm going to cast my vote for Magids: there, sort of semi-secrety, meant
to keep all of us on track and nudge us in right
directions. . . . probably all part of some secret conspiracy to change
the world but as long as it's being changed towards a DWJ-reading type of
world, I won't fuss :^).

I do want to say that one of the things I really like about this list is
that we can and do go off topic.  I've learned a lot from you guys, and
have read a lot of things based on OT reccomendations.  I'm on another
list where the moderators are more like the Time City people--sort of
removed and arrogantly fiddling with our posts.  Oh, no, wait--I've just
thought of what are moderator is.  She's our Chrestomanci.  Yep yep
yep.  And the people on my other list are Drights.

I also think, Marie, that we all sort of go through cycles.  Right after
every book comes out we analyze it to death, but at this point it's been a
while since any of us have read anything new and although we have in the
past and will undoubtedly frequently in the future go over things from old
books, we were just sort of taking a, well, tea break.

lizzie