What's this list for?

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 09:02:14 EST 2001

>I joined this list recently in the hope of seeing and joining in discussion

>about Diana Wynne Jones's books and other children's fantasy literature.
>So far there seems to have been correspondence mainly about tea, Marmite,
>Bovril and jello/jelly. Have I hit a bad patch? Should I stay? Is it always

>like this? Have I missed something?
>I'm not normally a virtuous objector to cakes and ale, or to touches of
>companionable lightness amongst people who seem to know each other quite
>well, but if I'd wanted discussion of that I'd have joined the cakes and
ale
>list from JISCmail.
>Comments, please.
>Marie

Plain text email, please.

Comments: Oooh, I'm sorry, I'll stop having discussions about cultural
differences in foods, Voicebearer doesn't like them. Oh Almighty Arbitrator
of Topics, what may we think about?
Ahem. Sarcasm over. This list is for DWJ fans, and yes, the main purpose is
to discuss her works, but sometimes we digress, y'know? We're people, we get
interested in different stuff. It tends to go through phases of being mainly
relevant and then going off on tangents as people say all they can think of
on the subject. If you look, there are threads about books in amongst the
food at the moment. And if there's something you want to talk about, please
start a discussion on it, I guarantee there will be lots of responses.
Jennifer
(cranky because there's a twit posting on alt.fan.pratchett and I can't tell
him how stupid he's being because that would start a fight and be twice as
annoying as the original posts are. Grrr. Who teaches slime moulds to type?)