dwj-digest (Diana Wynne Jones) V1 #270

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 08:56:41 EST 2001

In a message dated 3/22/01 8:35:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

>  I'll second that. I haven't risked death to that extent while reading, but
>  have walked into street furniture like lampposts on more than one occasion.
>  This is normal, isn't it? Please, tell me it's normal!

You're supposed to look UNDER the bottom edge of book while you walk--every
few paragraphs or so--to avoid this.  Of course, one's siblings may then walk
up in front of you and do a shuffle-dance so they remain in front of you even
as you politely shift sideways out of their way...  The key is to recognize
their footwear.....
Devra

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com