Food

Paul Andinach pandinac at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 28 04:58:57 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, M Elizabeth Parks wrote:

> Don't the rest of you <waves vaguely at world> have rice krispie
> treats?

Somebody else has already mentioned chocolate crackles, which are
luvverly.

There's also something similar called "White Christmas", which is made
with rice krispies, dessicated coconut, powdered milk, copha, and
suchlike. And dried fruit mixed in, for variety.

And Kellogg's makes these things called LCM's, which I think have rice
krispies in. (As well as loads of sugar, I expect -- hark! the
distinctive sound of Dr Kellogg turning in his grave!)

> On hot drinks:  Can't stand coffee.  Not a big tea fan, either.
> Part of this has to do with my amazing reaction to caffeine.  When I
> was about four my uncle gave me three sips of coke and I was
> literally bouncing off the walls (someone said it as a figure of
> speech, I thought it was funny, and ran around trying to get my feet
> halfway up the walls) for the next twenty-two hours.

LOL!

> Twinkies are just scary.

There's an episode of the TV series 'The Pretender' where the hero is
working undercover at a hazardous waste disposal company. At the
climax of the episode, he convinces the bad guy to confess by dropping
him in a storage container full of some weird frothy chemical stuff --
which turns out to be Twinkie filling. \

> Peanut butter:  I read somewhere that more women prefer smooth,
> while more men prefer chunky.  I like chunky--with lots and lots of
> peanuts--myself.

I vary, depending on what mood I'm in.

Paul
--