Which Contains Far Too Many Confusions...

Tue Mar 27 20:28:26 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:29:55 -0500, McMullin, Elise wrote:

>Melissa wrote:
>"Perhaps the question should be "Do people generally like pickled beets, or
>are they an ideological statement of being?""
>
>lol - workers of the world unite under the sign of the pickled beet.

You have nothing to lose but your gherkins?

>"Soy granola?  There is such a beast?"
>
>What rough beast comes slouching toward breakfast(besides my boyfriend that
>is)? - I think the brand is Nature Plus and it's called Soy Natural. It's
>really, really good.  You'd like it, really! Luckily they sell it in bulk.
>They also have Ginger Zing and Hemp. Also good. The hemp is so very heavy
>though, that I feel by rights I should spend the morning chopping wood or
>building a barn to justify having eaten it.

Mmmm.  I can't imagine it, but I'll take your word for it.  I've been living
on soy milk for months, since I have a nursing baby who appears to be
allergic to cow's milk.  Far better than powdered, reconstituted milk, the
emergency staple of my childhood, but a pale second to the real thing.  Very
good mixed with--ready for it?--chocolate (of course!).

>Still really hungry

You're making me hungry too.  Actually, that was Gili's Tale of Two Pickles
that made me long for Middle-Eastern food.  We are eating chicken and
dumplings at the Proffitt house tonight.

Melissa Proffitt
resisting the call of the kitchen
and the tyranny of children
(all of whom want something else)