Hi Liz

Liz Ottosson elizabethottosson at cableinet.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 19:43:48 EST 2001

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for the welcome! Yep, I've already ordered The Curse of Darkling Mill
(is that the right title?) because of this list, but I'm going to try to
severely hold off on the various fantasy authors that get tossed around -
I'm trying to limit my fantasy intake, although Patricia Wrede and Lois
McMaster Bujold are taking a hold inside my head...

I'm quite pleased that I still have things like Fire and Hemlock still to
read, because there's supposed to be so much to them. Equally, I'm now
saving Deep Secret till last, after Sallyo's comments on GO a few weeks ago
about how fantastic it was. However, my copy of it has a horrendous cover -
it makes it look like some eighties soft porn book or something (probably
the title doesn't help here).

Did anyone else discover DWJ through her "adult" stuff? She's been on my
list of People to Read for a couple of years now, but I only actually got
around to it when I picked up a copy of The Year of the Griffin last Autumn
and loved it. I happened to have copies of Archer's Goon and Howl's Moving
Castle already, so I devoured those, and that was that, really...

Liz O