Chocolate Nazis (was Re: Tea)

Tue Mar 27 17:27:38 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:43:11 +0100, Rowland, Jennifer A B wrote:

>Why do US consumers put up with it? This is a real question,
>you [generic] guys have *lots* of spending muscle, why haven't the chocolate
>companies been forced to change their wicked ways?
>Jennifer

How many Americans do you imagine have actually eaten non-US chocolate?  I
know I'd never had any European chocolate until I was in college.  But the
brand-name thing is part of it.  Usually people who've tried the better
alternatives can be converted, but getting them to switch in the first place
is tough.

Me, I'm just a philistine.  I like the grainy feel.  Hate waxy chocolate,
though.  And I do *like* the really good stuff--it's just that the rough
texture is very soothing to me.  So there.

Melissa Proffitt