Marie of Romania?

alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca alexandra.bolintineanu at utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 27 16:56:30 EST 2001

I think I agree with Kyla.
If memory serves, Marie of Romania was a nineteenth or early
twentieth century Romanian queen who is held up as an arbiter of taste
even these days in Certain Circles.  My family and I eat chicken
self-righteously with our fingers because Queen Marie did, and said that
only the nouveau riche used cutlery. (I think chicken eaten with one's
fingers tastes better, too :)

Alexandra