The list of books in Wrede's Magician's Ward

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Mar 27 16:14:19 EST 2001

Ages ago, Tarja wrote:

>I've just re-read Wrede's Magician's Ward and in the second chapter is a
>list of books that is found Mairelon's library. Well, the titles are
>obviously based on some well-known sf books written by her friends and
>acquaintances (sp?), I think I figured most of them out, but two of them
>escape me. I hope some of you can help me with the missing ones (I'm sure
>they'll be something blindingly obvious once I see the correct answers =)).
>
>The list follows:
>The Mountains of Doubt - ?
>Collegium Sorceria - A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer
>Discoverer - Finder by Emma Bull
>Après Cinq Cent Ans - Five Hundred Years After by Stephen Brust
>Fire Keepers Vol. VI - ?
>A Potter Pigeon - The Porcelain Dove by (I think) Delia Sherman
>Reflecting Quadrille - Mirror Dance by Lois McMaster Bujold
>Maturing Without Heaviness - Growing Up Weightless by John M. Ford

Melissa got the Mountains of Doubt, but I discovered a probable for
Fire Keepers.  It's _Guardians of the Flame_, by Joel Rosenberg.  Saw
Vol V today in a book shop, and it was dedicated to Emma Bull and
Will Shetterley (?), and had thanks to the Minneapolis SF group.
They seem to be out of print, so I couldn't see what the name of Vol
VI was, if that has any particular significance.  Or perhaps it's
dedicated to Patricia Wrede?

Anyway, it was so long ago that everyone's probably forgotten, but it
was fun to find it.

Hallie.