Tea

Jacob Proffitt Jacob at Proffitt.com
Tue Mar 27 07:26:03 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:41:50 +0200, liril at gmx.net wrote:

>My Canadian guest family also melted marshmallows, put sweet corn pops
>in them, formed biscuits and let them cool. Very interesting. I also try
>not to think about it ;-)
>
>To me, this is fundamentally too sweet. This might be the "acquired"
>thing about it. For example Oriental deserts are also so very sweet that
>they can make you teeth hurt, but people there just love it that way.
>And sometimes add extra sugar sirup.

There were three things that surprised me about American food when I moved
from Germany back to the U.S.  First, everything was *so* sweet in the U.S.
It hurt.  Second, chocolate in the U.S. is grainy and icky.  Third, there is
way too much salt in the butter in the U.S.

Of course, I've reacclimated since then.  That was over a decade ago...

Jacob Proffitt