Literature Abuse

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 03:56:25 EST 2001

Jennifer:
>> I love the bit in Busman's Honeymoon where the Superintendent starts
playing the Shakespeare >> game with Peter.

Dorian:
>I don't know the Shakespeare game - what is it?

It wasn't a game-with-rules, they just start quoting poets at each other,
when they apply to the situation (in a funny way- I can't remember any
examples, but it would be, erm, like, lines about ambrosial nectar when
someone said they'd been to the pub.) Couldn't use a poet more than once, I
think. Normally the Sayers characters overawe me by how erudite they are but
this seemed like great fun.
Jennifer