Tea

Gili Bar-Hillel abhillel at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 07:50:01 EST 2001

>From: "McMullin, Elise" <emcmullin at kl.com>
>
>It's also known as a fluffernutter.

Recipe?

All this discussion reminded my of an anecdote related to me as a true
story. An Israeli friend of my mother's allegedly once said to a Japanese
colleague in the U.S. something along the lines of:

"Isn't it funny how we all take for granted that certain foods are breakfast
foods, when in other cultures people eat completely different foods for
breakfast?"

To which the colleague allegedly replied: "What do you mean? Doesn't
everyone have rice and broth for breakfast?"

Classic "Israeli breakfasts", BTW, contain sliced cucumbers and tomatoes,
sometimes as salad; boiled or fried egg; a range of yoghourts and light,
fluffy spoonable cream-cheese; and bread. Cereals are catching on, but they
are a recent import.