Tea

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Tue Mar 27 01:04:37 EST 2001

	God, I hate it when teachers do that. . . but worse, even, is what
every single English teacher I had in high school did - s/he would ask the
class to discuss something, so someone would state an opinion.  Then s/he
would promptly give a summary of that opinion in response - only, as you
listened, you would discover that the summary was in fact not a summary at
all, but a statement of the teacher's opinion cleverly disguised as a
summary of some poor unsuspecting student's statement. . . That was such
an obnoxious way to teach a class, I always thought.

						---Kyra

"The Revelation: Ninety percent of everything is crud."

		---Ted Sturgeon, Venture Science Fiction, Mar. 1958