Tea

Mon Mar 26 14:46:37 EST 2001

On 26 Mar 2001 12:47:43 EST, Susanna E. Leng 98 wrote:

>Despite my truckloads of work to get done, I can't keep
>quiet any longer about the peanut-butter and jelly issue.
>Even better than PBJ (which I grew up on) is peanut butter
>and honey.  Strange even to many Americans, everyone I've
>talked into trying it has loved it.  And to top that, add a
>sliced banana to the sandwich.
>I just can't imagine a better lunch - carbs, sugar, fat,
>and potassium.

My kids love peanut butter and honey.  I make this for their lunch almost
every day.  Sometimes they ask for banana, but since they're kids, they go
through phases in food preference, and now is not a banana season with them.

My favorite peanut butter vehicle is celery.  My middle daughter likes ants
on a log--celery smeared with peanut butter and topped with raisins.

I had no idea peanut butter was an acquired taste, but then I suppose most
Americans acquire it so young, they don't even think about it.

Melissa Proffitt