Literature Abuse

Kyra Jucovy klj at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Mon Mar 26 13:22:20 EST 2001

	See, Eddings had two sequences which made me laugh out loud -
something about the foolish Arendian in the Belgariad and the part with
the old sorcerer/scholar who discovered how to teleport in the Mallorean -
Silk, and 'Zakath.  Without Silk I would probably have stopped reading
after the first book.  His other two series not only have no redeeming
qualities and the same nearly unbearable style but also have the
Child-Goddess Aphrael, who is, I believe, the single most hateful character
I have ever encountered in literature.

							---Kyra

"The Revelation: Ninety percent of everything is crud."

		---Ted Sturgeon, Venture Science Fiction, Mar. 1958