120 messages!!!

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Mar 26 08:49:04 EST 2001

> > "Changeover" was the first, I had been looking for it for a while
> > because it was recommended on this list; and then the following week
> > I happened to see a copy of "Aliens in the Family" in a used
> > bookstore. I liked "Changeover" better. Now I'm looking for "The
> > Haunting" which also came recommended... and I guess I should add
> > "The Tricksters" to my list as you recommend it!
>
> Thinking back, I think "Aliens in the Family" may be the only Mahy
> novel I've read. She's also done some good short stories, though; the
> collection "The Great Bubble Gum Rescue" is good.

Ahem. "The Great Chewing Gum Rescue".

Also, "A Very Wicked Headmistress", "The Blood and Thunder Adventures on
Hurricane Peak", "The Pirates' Mixed Up Voyage", "The Birthday Burglar".
These are all books for younger children - and very entertaining for the
adult reading them.

The Catalog of the Universe is probably my favourite, but I like Memory too.
These are definitely YA! I guess I should get Changeover and see what I
think.

Anita